The International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) is an international board run by Cambridge, UK.
We at OES IS, propose to affiliate with international boards and councils like IB and IGCSE as they focus on the overall development of the child. We ensure to provide the best of facilities with an advanced curriculum, trained facilitators and coach the children in life skills and skills related to the future competitive atmosphere in their career.
It is one of the most sought after and recognized qualifications in the world and is equivalent to the Certificate of Secondary Education from Indian Education boards. It develops and encourages vital education skills, including oral skills, problem solving skills and team work. The varied subject choice helps in the holistic development of the child.
Features of IGCSE
- The curriculum prepares the students for higher level courses such as the AS and A level and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB).
- It is balanced and lends an international perspective to study. The curriculum aims to develop key learning, problem-solving skills by encouraging an active, critical and questioning approach to studies.
- IGCSE offers a wider range of subjects and encourages high academic standards through a practical approach to teaching and learning.
- Assessment is not limited to conventional written papers and they consist of a variety of tests.
- It is a flexible course of study with clear learning objectives. Most subjects offer a choice between core curriculum and extended curriculum. This gives students the freedom to choose subjects that are right for them. The core curriculum is an overview of the subject and the extended is a sort of specialization in that subject.
The University Of Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) UK offers the following curriculum to its students:
The International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) – is for students in Grade IX and X. Each student will appear for the IGCSE examination in all 5 subjects which are compulsory. Each student must choose at least one subject from each of the 5 groups.
The IGCSE qualification provides a solid foundation for higher level courses such as the AS and A level and the International Baccalaureate (IB).
Our school proposes to offer the AS and A levels in future.
A student who has passed the IGCSE is eligible for 10+2 level qualification, like Local boards – Class 12 CBSE/ISC/HSC OR International pre-university programme –IB Diploma (International Baccalaureate), Advanced Placement Diploma (US) and the seamless transition to AS and A levels, AICE (UK) offered by the University of Cambridge UK.